We want our Sussex to be a home for nature’s recovery. A place where people and wildlife can thrive together, where people can enjoy nature and the health and wellbeing benefits it provides.
We believe that nature is too important to lose
We are a conservation charity for everyone who cares about nature in Sussex. We focus on protecting the wonderfully rich natural life that is found across our towns, countryside and coast.
By working alongside local people we create opportunities for us all to connect with nature, and for nature to thrive in even the most unlikely places. Together we can make sure that future generations living in Sussex will be able to enjoy the sense of wonder and well-being that nature offers.
Together we can make Sussex life richer.
What do we do?
- We manage over 30 nature reserves across Sussex that people can explore and enjoy.
- We act to protect the wildlife and the natural environment across Sussex.
- We create opportunities for people of all ages to learn about nature and connect with it.
- We inspire people through our events, publications and courses to care for nature.
- We conduct research that supports the conservation of nature in Sussex.
- We engage with policy makers and other organisations to encourage positive change.