We have the ‘Green Room’ until the end of March and wanted to remind you that you’re welcome to drop in any Thursday (open 12-4pm) to use the space for climate-change action and activities.
Book the space in the evenings for free (normally £15/ hour) on any Thursday. The Green Room is a great place to…
- host workshops and meetings
- learn more about some of the green movers-and-shakers in town – just check out the noticeboard
- have a chat with like-minded fellow “Commoners” who drop by and hang out there
- get free energy advice from Energise Sussex Coast(weekly drop-ins from 1-4pm)
- eat, drink and be merry at our monthly zero-waste “Food for Thought” potluck suppers (7-9pm on the fourth Thursday of the month. Next one is 24 March).
It’s proving a great place to make connections, have conversations and do stuff, so if you are new in town and would like to meet fellow locals, just drop in for a cuppa and see what happens!
Volunteer ‘revolving’ chairpersons neededWe won’t be holding an official Transition Town Hastings meeting this March as we’re all feeling the need for a pause. We will reconvene monthly TTH meetings in April and Anna Locke has made a great suggestion, championing the idea of ‘revolving’ chairpersons, in the absence of an elected one. The idea is to have 4 people make a quarterly commitment for only 3 months. Want to be part of our new quartet of chairs? Drop us a line at email@example.com Green Drinks will also resume in April… til then, all things climate-related continue in the Green Room. Hope to see you there before long! The Green Room in The Common Room 27-29 Cambridge Road (across from ESK), Hastings TN34 1DT