Transition Town Hastings meeting 19/2/18

Matters arising-
Water butt money from Quakers is in! Action-Chris to thank.
Constitution, membership & data protection- Action- Sarah & Alison to sort meeting date
Andrea/Alison to look into risk assessment & Induction- Action- meeting Sunday 25th at 6pm to continue?
Action- Ken to look into cost of a digester, research what Islington council do about food waste & to invite someone from Wakefield place to speak at Pot Luck?
Action- Andrea to research current food waste practises & what Twickenham Council are doing about food waste.
Action- Chris P to check where nearest digester is?
Caroline was checking out Margate Council (who’s Caroline?!!)
Action- Sarah to prepare a calendar of upcoming events, including from other groups (eg Energy) so that people can start following also different groups
Action- Karen to promote In our hands on FB
Action- Dorothy Lambert (from TT Lewes) willing to come for a workshop on food energetics and fermenting – Misha to follow up re dates and cost. Mischa to investigate film on the Brighton wind farm and Misha to coordinate with refugee group (on weds 24th Jan at Palace
Action- Andrea to email Misha the list of films suggested by Linda on 1st Nov
Action- swap shop- Sarah to check re Simply Italian. Richard to check re Stade Hall availability.

Projects
Garden-
Meeting with Simon Todd went well & he has already completed the long awaited letter to use land.
Action- Alison will email all gardeners & Quakers final draft when through.
Action – Alison to re emailed Chris Dodwell to meet at station to see what’s needed for installing butts. Spoke to Chris on 20/2/18 & he will email Alison price for extra bits soon.
Action- Chris P- to order the second butt

Energy-
Richard- massive change in energy market. He is launching a 1066 community energy share offer with Brighton energy coop. Ore college, schools, Optivo etc interested in solar panels. Commissioning a supplement in HIP to advertise this. HBC want a new type of town energy company- £500,000 yearly needed from energy. Richard is also looking for 20 homes to volunteer to be part of study of space heating & laundry practices. Recording behaviour. And 20 in particular communities ie. Islamic etc.
Action- Richard to email Alison details and Alison will do mailchimp.
Alex- Knows Imam in Bexhill mosque- Action- to give contact to Richard

Compost-
Action- Chris to email Richard map of bio digesters?

Packaging-
New project for reducing the purchasing of plastic water bottles:
Refill.org – app on phone, sign up get free aluminium water bottle and app will tell you where you can fill your water bottle.
Action-Karen- collecting email address’s to see who’s interested. Karen-to send info on mailchimp.

Campaigns/Promotion-
£50,000 fund for food waste production- from WRAP- Jess wants to do something? Mini digester in Ore Valley? Or St Leonards Station? Deadline for expressions of interest for this funding is May.
Action- Richard to organise Brainstorming session?
Action- Karen to ask Anna re ideas.

Events
Pot Luck- Sat 3rd March 7-9.30pm- Action- Alison to promote token voting there

Films- Abby ‘In our Hand’- 1st March- Old Chemist, Silchester Rd?

Food tasters- Need update from Mischa

Visit to Tom’s Farm- Action- Alison to ask (emailed 20/2- response- It would be fine for people to come to the farm, though this time of year there’s not a lot to see. In April or May, once things are growing and the ground has dried out a bit it could be alright though)

Sociocracy- 22nd Feb thurs- FREE- the basis of democracy on consent based decision-making. 7-9.30pm at Silcester Mews. Action- Karen to put on FB page asap.

Quakers- New Economy- how would you design the economy to make it more people friendly 10th March 2pm at Friends Meeting House. Action- Alison to put on FB & mailchimp on 5th March

Green Drinks- 28th Feb at Imperial Pub 7.30pm- Action- Someone from TTH to advertise Mosaic token voting here.

Chris Richards- Solar Share Launch at POP up community Day Bridge 10th March- 2.30-9pm- Action- Alison to put on FB & mailchimp on 5th March

Bulk Buying (Chris Richards)- Next one is Saturday 24th Feb at Southwater Centre- 10-2pm

Fundraising-
Mosaic- has finally got into the Bags of Help competition so we will get £1000 at least for funding mosaic.
Action- Alison to ask all Tescos to give out the tokens at every transaction & Alison to find out deadline for voting.

Finance- Approx £700 in account

Data:
GDPR – 25th May operational –new data protection rules. Action- HVA has free courses on this Alison to find out when.

Action- Sarah & Alison- to sort membership and explain how we are keeping data and if they want to opt in.

We need to create a data protection policy? Andrea?

AOB-
Richard- interested in publishing Carbon calculator- asking people in s survey how often they use car, kettle, heating costs etc- would people be interested in doing it? Action- Richard to Include it in supplement in HIP? And on website. And to mailing list?
Action- Karen- to sort Carbon conversations sessions- Karen & Abby

Alison- CO-wheels- find out how they’re doing?

Mindfulness workshop- hosted by TTH. St John’s Hall, salvation Army, Stade, Kings Rd. Donations? Action- Richard to find out more?

17th March- Peapod Veg & food alliance- Hasting Unitarian church- on newsletter- Action- Alison to put on FB & mailchimp on 10th March

Next meeting- 20th March 7.15pm- Action- Sarah to book room.
Where- Rock House

Please follow and like us:
Facebook
RSS
Follow by Email
Google+
http://www.transitiontownhastings.org.uk/transition-town-hastings-meeting-19-2-18/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.