Core group meeting minutes Dec 17

Transition Town Hastings

4/12/17

 

 

Approval of last minutes/Matters arising.

Old bathing pool- ken?

Cycling route- Laurie?

West Street Celebrations- TTH Swap shop made- £51.60

 

Admin-

Complete signed Constitution- Action-Is there anything to do on this?

Membership – Sarah trialing an option on ESC website

 

Projects-

Garden– New bench, Waiting to see about 2nd water butt- don’t know until end of next week- Action Chris to find out.

Plan separate meeting for gardeners to look at buying tools and what to plant in future. Action- Alison to ask for dates/doodle poll in Jan & set up quarterly garden meet at end of a session?

Action- Alison contact Natalie again

Karen can’t lead on garden on 9th Dec- Action- Chris volunteered to do. Thank you Chris!

 

Energy– free workshops- Scrappy Dog Draught Excluder, Making your own solar panel & Charger- Ore Community Centre & Broomgrove Community Centre. Running training modules look on Energise Sussex Website.

Action- Karen to promote them all more.

Sarah said if there are ideas for other workshops- let ESC know.

Energy clinic in Ore -Sat 9th Dec- Action- Karen is working there

 

Campaigns

Green Party Food Waste- see leaflet- Action- Chris to send us Peter Chowney’s correspondence.

Grow wild- sarah’s email?

Action- Sherry, Mischa, Richard etc to meet re creating a Wellbeing Hub at Silchester Rd. Funding from Mind?

 

Promotion

Facebook updates

Newsletter – someone to take over January newsletter while Karen away? Action- Sarah and/or Chris to do

 

Events

Thought café, Nov 24th, The Beacon- update/next one?

Mischa- Film nights, Pot Luck, Talks, food workshop around Mischa’s Table by Daphne Lambert (Green Cuisine Trust).

Mischa- ‘We the Uncivilised’ & A wind farm on boat film to look into?

Next -Christmas Green Drinks- 21st Dec- at Beacon- Action- Karen to promote? Get poster design from Scott G?

Swap Shop- next one?

Pot-luck in New year- Action- Alison to check with st Johns Feb 2nd?

Healthy Culture Workshops

Community spaces- Mischa enquired?

Central Hall (Blind Centre)

Salvation Army

Christ church

Garage

Action- Chris to ask re Concordia Hall prices

 

Fundraising

Mosaic- anyone want to do another funding app- Andrea?

 

AOB

Student Volunteering (Sussex Coast College)- filling roles, publicity etc. Students due to do placements next year March, April & June but will need Employer’s Liability, risk assessments, policies, inductions etc- to e want this level of responsibility and complication? We all agreed- no!

 

Podcasts – can anyone send relevant ones to Karen to use in newsletter etc    

Next meeting-

When- Weds 17th Jan

Who is chairing?

Who is taking minutes?

Action- Sarah to book please.

 

 

Please follow and like us:
Facebook
RSS
Follow by Email
Google+
http://www.transitiontownhastings.org.uk/core-group-meeting-minutes-dec-17/
SHARE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *