Minutes – Core Group Meeting – March 2017

TTH Meeting 22/3/17

 

Attendees: Sherry Clark, Sarah Macbeth, Ken Kitson, Chris Petts, Rebecca Helbick, Alison Cooper, Sassie Yasamee

Apologies: Roz Cran, Steve Savage, Kathy Bor

Matters arising:

 

Sustainable transport forum – Meeting same night as tonight. Not sure if Laurie is attending but Julia was planning to go. SM to forward constitution to TT group.

 

Site visits – 2 spaces left for visit to Dungeness Power Station. May 19th

 

Garden – We now have a strimmer from Ken who can supply the manual.

 

Food Assembly project may be being set up in St Leonards – by June Knight – an initial meeting still to be confirmed.

 

Outstanding actions –

  • Chris to formulate email & garden map area for all gardeners to read and sign.
  • Chris to contact Network Rail direct to ask about the maintenance of buildings. Chris to forward his message to the committee.
  • Alison/Sarah/Chris to arrange to meeting discuss Southern Water involvement at the garden
  • Poster- Chris will do by April 1st
  • Green Directory meeting for Sarah to arrange – and local food pamphlet. Check out Canterbury. Add Sassie to invite.

 

 

Events

———-

 

Swap Shop

March 11th event was great success. A great mix of music, swap shop, waste food cooked into recipes. Hope to do next event in mid May at Stade Hall, HBC to confirm about free use of the venue.

 

Green Drinks

Another good event with people bringing homemade cakes! Next one could be April 19th – waiting for HAF to confirm.

 

Film shows

Inhabit film & Q&A on April 12th and Demain on May 3rd both need promoting. Sarah to follow up about print costs for A5 for both events. Sarah to pay fee for Demain with PayPal.

 

Site visits

 

Earth Day. TTH to have a stall. Plastic needed for the central sculpture in the Atrium. Roz Katz is the contact. Plastic bottles etc can be taken to the Second Floor of SCC. If anyone has ideas that would inspire the SCC students to participate on the day then get in touch with Roz Katz, rkatz@sussexcoast.ac.uk

 

Chelsea Fringe. Happening 20 May–4 Jun. Could do a garden swap shop. Planting in unusual containers and maybe a choir singing (could be Hastings Voice Squad). Help build a geodesic dome Sarah to sign up for June 4th, 11-3pm.

 

Furniture bombing – Ken mentioned idea for creating sculpture/signage for the labyrinth – this didn’t happen due to council resistance but we could plan another in the future.

 

Projects

————–

 

Community garden

Move to weekly. Next session is April 2nd and then we could go to weekly work sessions, alternating between Saturday (12-3pm) and Sunday (10-1pm).

Alsion to send out a request to see if other people are willing to lead at work sessions.

Alison and Chris to set up another date with Natalie.

 

 

Waste/packaging project

Update at next meeting.

 

Finance – Alison’s mum and brother want to give donations. Kathy Bor has submitted a funding bid with Jempsons.

 

AOB

 

Health and safety notice for garden – needs some clarity about what we need to say to volunteers. Alison to ask HVA for a template for health and safety.

 

Sustainable week idea – based on Sustainable St Albans Week.

Duncan Baker Brown/Ken Davis can be involved in the Eco Show Homes/Sustainable Hastings week.

 

17/18 June – Big Lunch/Jo Cox Memorial event. Do we want to do something? We could put on a Pot Luck Picnic. We could apply for the Foreshore trust and/or work with other local organisations and local residents along the seafront. Probably June 18th? Get Will involved too. Sarah to speak to HVA, Sherry to coordinate.

 

 

Next Core Meeting- Mon 24th April 2017, 7.15pm-Rock House, 49-51 Cambridge Road, TN34 1DT

 

Please follow and like us:
Facebook
RSS
Follow by Email
Google+
http://www.transitiontownhastings.org.uk/minutes-core-group-meeting-march-2017/
SHARE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *